FC Biggest Loser Challenge

So, a sign of a successful journey is looking forward to the weigh-in every Tuesday morning. :) I'm a loser (20) and happy about it.

V

Reactions: anytimeflowers
Congratulations! You might be the winner of our FC Biggest Loser contest. I know I won't be at the rate I'm going. I can't wait for spring so I can get out and walk more again. My dog can't wait either.

Because I walk dogs for people I'm out almost every day no matter the weather. I think that's why I have enjoyed the winter so much this year... the dogs have made it fun and challenging.

I've also joined the Running Room for their walking clinic. It's a thirteen week programme culminating in an ability to do 10k walks. I've already registered for two five k's in June. :)

I don't know why this time is different, but my focus has been unwavering thus far.

V

Reactions: kynda
I've decided to completely change course. I'm dropping Weight Watchers where I've only lost 6 pounds through a lot of effort, and I'm going to do Atkins. Years ago I was on Atkins for a while, and did well, even though I really didn't do it right. This time I'm eating more veggies, as I should. I love my salads. I've been on it 4 days now and have lost 3 pounds, though I'm sure this is water weight, but I feel great.
So, I'll let you know how this goes.

I haven't weighed in on the Wii (my official weight tracker) in a while, but I did hop on the old bathroom scale that was gathering dust in my closet. It said I'm down to 202 which means I've hit the 20 lbs mark! A big triumph was surviving the MFA weekend, as I rarely eat well on the road. Still another 20-25 lbs to go, but it's progress!

Excellent Emily!

I'm down 23 as of this morning and am into the second week of training for 10k walks. I continue to feel positive about my commitment to changing my life style. :)

V

wow V, I do 5 k a day, and in this weather often I have had to skip, especially this year, how do you manage 10k! Good for you. I hit 19 lbs this week! Now if it would just come off where I want it too!

wow V, I do 5 k a day, and in this weather often I have had to skip, especially this year, how do you manage 10k! Good for you. I hit 19 lbs this week! Now if it would just come off where I want it too!
apparently I'm "full" of 19 pounds!!...:)

Way to go Missy! We won't recognise eachother by summer. ;)

I haven't walked the full 10k yet as I'm training for it. Five k is becoming easier with each passing day. I have been outside for much of the winter because the dogs need it.

I have to be careful because I'm doubling up on the amount of walking and training because of the dogs. So today, instead of taking the dogs for walks, we're going to the off-leash park. They can run and I can walk at leisure. I have a clinic tonight so I need to save my energy for that.

Mike... do you want the 23 I've sent packing as well? ;)

V

Way to go Missy! We won't recognise eachother by summer. ;)

I haven't walked the full 10k yet as I'm training for it. Five k is becoming easier with each passing day. I have been outside for much of the winter because the dogs need it.

I have to be careful because I'm doubling up on the amount of walking and training because of the dogs. So today, instead of taking the dogs for walks, we're going to the off-leash park. They can run and I can walk at leisure. I have a clinic tonight so I need to save my energy for that.

Mike... do you want the 23 I've sent packing as well? ;)

V
I don't want ANYTHING, from EITHER of you...you're BOTH losers.......:) (wow, and wow):)

I'm losing this contest but not the weight! Good job for those of you that are big losers![/QUOTE
Helen,
Don't give up! I've been bouncing a half a pound around for about 2 weeks now -I think it likes me! lol
I just keep dreaming about summer and the 25 pounds that I won't have to squeeze into my new clothes and that keeps me motivated.
Emily

Reactions: Victoria
Well... I've hit a milestone. :) Thirty pounds are gone and countless inches have followed. The energy level, along with the sunshine has increased by leaps and bounds.

V

Wow, V, that's great news!
I'm kinda jealous, I must say...can't seem to lose an ounce lately but don't seem to have any trouble finding the extra weight.
Congrats on your amazing loss.

V, that's fantastic!! Congratulations!!
I'm still hanging in there, and doing much better since going on the Atkins. I'm losing about a pound a week, which for me lately is great. I was getting so discouraged with Weight Watchers, and before that, with just counting calories. I don't think it's true what they say about a calorie is a calorie, and it all comes down to eating less of them, and that's what counts. You have to find whatever it is that will work with your body.

I had gained back the couple of pounds I had lost, and was depressed to the point that I didn't dare step on the scale when I started back with Atkins, I figure I've lost about 10lbs or so, judging by my clothes. I know for sure I'm down 4 lbs since I stepped back on the scale. This is without exercise too! My neck has been screwed up for the longest time now and I haven't done much.

Reactions: Victoria
I truly am enjoying the Weight Watchers Points Plus programme... along with the Running Room and of course my doggie clients. All are working together to successful life style changes. :) Thirty five pounds have gone by the w(eigh)ayside along with 25 plus inches.

Every week brings new energy and a renewed promise to achieve my goal (another 37 pounds). The mindset is strong and the body is following along closely. :)

Peggy, you're right, we have to find what works for us as individuals.

V

Reactions: anytimeflowers