FC Biggest Loser Challenge

Confession from Shannon....

I'm totally not winning this contest. I am a stress eater. I also have horrid arthritis. And It's getting worse.

I have gained 20lbs since January.

I HATE to admit this but eating is a source of comfort for me that I have not found a suitable substitute. I go to bed in pain, I wake up in pain. Sometimes my husband just touches me or grabs me the wrong way and you'd think he was killing me. I hurt all over. Head to toe. In the past 4 months has just been the worst I have ever felt in my whole life.

I was told back in 2000 that I have a degeneratrive bone disease and that I'd be in a wheel chair by the time I'm 40. I was like "Oh bullsh*t." and wasn't hearing any of it and just ignored it- ignored it to the point that I totally forgot what the disease is even called.

The one lucky thing for me is I have HUGE bones. I mean super big bones. My hands are almost as big as my husbands. Awesome. So I think it will take longer for it to totally shut me down.

I also have a very VERY rare genetic disorder called ectodermal dysplasia. And it's a total pain in my ass too. The problems that I have with that coupled with my bones breaking down- lets just say it's been a rough 4 months. Put that with ths BS of dealing with the shop- it's been really rough. Bettina will call me at the shop and tell me "I just cannot believe how you just keep going with all the bad things you have." Remember- she's calling me at work while she's at home. Oy-vey.

Anyhoo- I just have to force myself to eat way less, because exercising flat out hurts. Yes- I know it's suppose to help- but it hurts. The only person who I know who hurts like I do is my mom. She's legally crippled now and just looks broken down. She's 60. She's the only person who really understands how I feel.

Anyhoo- I try to keep positive and I still work really hard- but I don't know for how much longer I can work like this.

So my goal now is to lose about 40lbs by My 40th birthday- August 20th. I'm sure it will help with the pain to have less to carry around! Wish me luck!!

I also think that the super cold weather has alot to do with this

Shannon,
My husband has falling apart bones, too, and so I see what he goes through every day just to keep working and I really feel for you. Another friend who suffers from severe RA gave up all sugar, and white bread and has reduced her symptoms considerably, plus taken off weight. I too am a stress eater and like everyone who owns a small business , stress is my constant companion. Lately I have gotton back on track with better healthier eating and hope to go down one dress size by my niece's wedding end of July. I know that the extra weight is starting to affect my knees and hips and I really don't want to start down that rode in my fifties. My goal is to feel better at 55 than I did at 50, and better at 60 than I did at 40.

I am right back where I started ~ gave up cookies for lent because I am a cookie monster. Spent 6 weeks eating everything else in sight trying to make up for the loss!
So am I, Linda. I think I've gained back 5 of the 10 lbs that I lost..I'm so Pi$$ed off with myself but when the weather is cold and miserable I have a tendency to go for a good book and a Hot toddy lol
After my ankle heals I'm getting back to walking.. and taping my mouth shut!
Emily

i would have given up a dozen times by now if it weren't for my trainer. I meet with him pretty much weekly and he keeps me going, no matter how much I feel like not exercising and eating everything all day every day. I wish I had done this years ago.

He says things like don't think about the gaining/not exercising last week, think about what you're going to do THIS week. And he says don't think about trying to lose it all this week either. Most of all, he says DoN'T quit!

Way to go Kynda. :) And awesome advice from your trainer.

I've passed the 16 week mark with Weight Watchers as of this morning... I'm down 40 pounds. I'm so happy. I have thirty more to go and I have no doubt I will succeed.

Best story thus far... I was in Muskoka for the weekend visiting my kids. It was cold and damp and I didn't have warm clothing. I trundled off to Port Carling to Muskoka Bear Wear to get some fleece. The guy showed me the new styles for this year and I said Yes PLEASE. He handed me a medium pant (I thought well... eventually those will fit) and a small jacket. I was doubtful. The long and short... they fit beautifully, I was warm and stylin' for the remainder of the weekend. I didn't see myself the way others apparently did. That's something I need to work on now.

I also laid down a personal goal for myself this weekend. I was going to walk the entire road of hills from beginning to end and back again. I accomplished that on Sunday... hills are nothing to me now. :)

V

Reactions: anytimeflowers
Getting ever closer to the goal... only 25 more to go (down 45). :) I have two 5K races this month (new shoes to assist in the completion in a timely manner). Feeling great on so many levels.

V

Gee Victoria, I guess when I finally get time for a chat and snack with you it's not going to be coffee and dessert! Can we have dip with our veggies?
Well done, better wear a name tag, not sure I'm going to recognize you!

Reactions: Victoria
:) Only 19 more to go!

V

I have not posted in this..........but just for comparison.........You all have been following my story somewhat since I made the announcement that my Mom had passed.....my trips to the gym, the juicing, and the rest. One little side effect though is the weight loss.......When my Mom passed, I toppedd the scale at over 300 pounds, I am now as of this posting, under 210....have gone from a 54 inch waist to a 42 inch waist, gone from a XXXL size shirt down to a Large.

I just celebrated my 48th birthday and my best friend in the world came all the way from SC to Texas to visit me......He was SHOCKED at the amount of weight loss. Because it has been done slowly, and through excersise, walking to and from the bus stops, walking all over the town as I am currently without a car.......THe excess skin has shrunk as wel....so I am not troubled with excessively stretched skin to be removed surgically.

Just wanted to say that we are often times faced with adversity.......and hidden blessings can come out of that.