FTD Top 100 Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know BOSS, I am afraid that is one of the reasons keeping a qualified AIFD designer from finding any work.......cause retail is down to such a degree that nobody is hiring.

Well in my area, folks are begging for people to work in this business, and I have put adds all over the place, and I pay way more than more shops. I am working with another shop this weekend on a large wedding they sold, because folks in this area don't wanta work, and some shops can't afford to pay tons, as in the past. also I seem to recall AFID use to place designers isn't that so, well off to look at the site..How are you feeling? Better I hope...Hugs

on the Michigan side, i read online that Detroit was rated the worst city in the USA to have a business. they called it the "saddest city". .....

On that note Twila was having a conversaton with Boss's good friend Wesley last week and he was talking about crime rates in Detroit - said someone robbed a store - then went outside and took a bus as the getaway car.

Cops never caught him.

On that note Twila was having a conversaton with Boss's good friend Wesley last week and he was talking about crime rates in Detroit - said someone robbed a store - then went outside and took a bus as the getaway car.

Cops never caught him.
Probably a true story...

I know of one shop that does high volume, where you have to be "buzzed in" to get in the door, and the little old lady carries a 357 Magnum....

Good One

Cops never caught him.

love it, JB. true or not that was a good one....:yourock:

Well in my area, folks are begging for people to work in this business, and I have put adds all over the place, and I pay way more than more shops. I am working with another shop this weekend on a large wedding they sold, because folks in this area don't wanta work, and some shops can't afford to pay tons, as in the past. also I seem to recall AFID use to place designers isn't that so, well off to look at the site..How are you feeling? Better I hope...Hugs

We are doing better. I was about to post an update on our condition. I'll post it in the chat forum under the Unfortunate trouble thread. In our area...nobody is hiring.

Dallas Cowboy Tickets....and the Economy......

I got a great deal on Dallas Cowboy Tickets....50 yard line seats.....3 rows up....and to be honest I was very excited about it. On the way home I had to stop at the bank and get some cash... Unfortunately, I left the tickets in the window of my Denali.

Well, anyhow, when I came out of the bank; someone had smashed out the window of the Denali.

When I opened up the door of the Denali.....I found that right where my Cowboy tickets were, on the dash....unfortunately they had left another set of tickets on the dash....

so much for the season and the recession.....

All the best!

So getting back to the top member trip...

I honestly enjoyed and liked everyone that I have met on these trips. Well, that is not entirely true. We met someone the second day, as we were waiting for Mike Soenen's "State of the Industry" address. We exchanged small talk, then he asked how our Valentine's Day had been. I shared that ours was up from last year. He was all too pleased to tell us that their V-day "shot thru the roof" this year. And he owed it all to the fact that they turned off the merc and refused wire-ins on Wed.-the week before Valentines.

We all know that he continued to send out that entire week. I try not to be confrontational, so I didn't say anything about the inequality of the situation to send but not recieve. The rest of the stay, whenever I saw him, my lip would curl with distain for him. There were a couple occasions that we were in the same place visiting, that I kept waiting for the opportunity to come up again to let him know my feelings. I'm still kicking myself for not expressing my thoughts when we first met.

I guess that sometimes I am too polite. :dunno: Then I live to regret it later...oh well

We discussed this and again I feel unless there is a real reason like impassable weather or out of flowers - I really feel if you suspend incoming you *ethically* need to suspend outgoing as well.

That is truly taking advantage of other florists. You do for me but I won't do for you.

Guess who is now added to our "do not receive" list?

Probably a true story...

I know of one shop that does high volume, where you have to be "buzzed in" to get in the door, and the little old lady carries a 357 Magnum....

Sounds like our FCer, Elmo. Ellen is yours a 357 Magnum????? :wide:

We discussed this and again I feel unless there is a real reason like impassable weather or out of flowers - I really feel if you suspend incoming you *ethically* need to suspend outgoing as well.

That is truly taking advantage of other florists. You do for me but I won't do for you.

Guess who is now added to our "do not receive" list?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I always thought that when you suspended your Mercury system, You automatically cut off sending as well as recieving?

I'll bet that was enlightening....:faint:

This was - we got to swing thru the trees (canopy tour) with this very nice gentleman and his lovely wife. We're like members of the Survivor Club now.

Attachments

• merlinSM.jpg
    merlinSM.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 49
No, not efficiently or conveniently, and, add to, both in measureable and not so measureable ways mentioned in above post.

But this is a sidetrack - let's get back to bashing top members.

I think they're a bunch of scumbags.

Jon, you're so bad you're good. :)

I honestly don't see the problem or the issue with being a top 100... I mean really, good on you and everyone else who has that kind of success.

Hope you and all the others had a wonderful time, had fun, learned something about anything and revelled in the successes of your efforts.

V

This was - we got to swing thru the trees (canopy tour) with this very nice gentleman and his lovely wife. We're like members of the Survivor Club now.

This explains it all. Jon, you bear a striking resemblance to a relationship I once had... a person I still value. :)

V

From what I understand, by Canadian criteria, Bear Strearns isn't really a "bank". According to my financial guy, they skirt certain rules and therefore don't require insurances and other things that real banks need. Is he incorrect?

V

That's the guys wife???????????

Don't tell Twila (sssssshhhhhhhhhh);););)

Better yet, don't let Merlin's wife know!!!

Always a smartass in the crowd - thought it was supposed to be me. :yourock:

Status
Not open for further replies.