FTD Top 100 Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a wonderful time. The weather was cool, but nice. We swam with the Dolphins and ate great food! We have been a Top 100 shop for the past 10 years. We are a family owned and operated, brick & mortar shop. Not an order gatherer. We have worked hard over the past 50 years to get where we are. I take offense sometimes to the bashing that the FTD Top 100 trip gets every year. I think we deserve recognition and reward, as do most of the other shops I have met on the trip each year.

I take offense sometimes to the bashing that the FTD Top 100 trip gets every year. I think we deserve recognition and reward, as do most of the other shops I have met on the trip each year.

I really like the bashing--I know Bloomz does too.

I don't take it personally. Helps keep things in perspective.

Right

We had a wonderful time. The weather was cool, but nice. We swam with the Dolphins and ate great food! We have been a Top 100 shop for the past 10 years. We are a family owned and operated, brick & mortar shop. Not an order gatherer. We have worked hard over the past 50 years to get where we are. I take offense sometimes to the bashing that the FTD Top 100 trip gets every year. I think we deserve recognition and reward, as do most of the other shops I have met on the trip each year.

Same here family owned business since 1961. But i like it when people bash us, that means were doing something right. :usflag:

To all the Top 100 shops that are part of FC ......

YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT.....AND HAVE BEEN FOR A LONG TIME!!
My hat is off to you, and I personally applaud you each & every day.

You inspire me....you mentor me, You have over the years helped me work thru some problems and have let me pick your brains. And you give me the Guidance & the hope that maybe, just maybe, someday if I keep working smart & hard, I can "grow up & get big, too!"
And every year, we get a little bit bigger, & better than the year before.

I thank you for all that you do. You are the Good guys! Keep looking forward.....

Happy Easter!

Cheryl

Reactions: 2 people
Thank you Cheryl!

I really like the bashing--I know Bloomz does too.

I don't take it personally. Helps keep things in perspective.

Ted has that right - we were wondering when it would start. It sometimes gets quite amusing.

Last year's round was better tho cuz. We wuz all criminals and thieves.

I believe he prevailing theory was - if there's one skimmer in the crowd, we're all guilty.

but my how....

opinions vary

I want to state right here and right now that I understand more of this free trip. At the begining when I was writing on the subject, I had blinders on and did not know more than now.
Thank you for setting me straight....
Luc

I want to state right here and right now that I understand more of this free trip. At the begining when I was writing on the subject, I had blinders on and did not know more than now.
Thank you for setting me straight....
Luc

You're a good guy Luc, and what the heck, we're all a little envious, who wouldn't enjoy a nice trip, free? Sometime the little guys feel kicked around, but we all work hard. :) Have a great Easter!

I must admit I'm enjoying the peace in here these past several months. :)

V

So the recap of this thread is.

You can be a top sender without being the sleazy Order Gatherer. Right?
That’s very encouraging to hear. Reading the post from Twila about the one member still sending and turning off the receiving part makes me feel good that many of you don't believe in that. Probably one of the first times that I have seen it.

I remember a while back I recieved and incoming order from a well known florist. A top sender with a real location. They sent us an order for for $35 bucks and we took care of it for them. The next day we just happened to have a customer that needed something sent out to the area the florist served. I sent the order to them same zip code that they served and the rejected the order. I sent $45 and 5 bucks for delivery. I called them up and asked what was the deal? They said it was below their minimum. I then told them about the order they sent me the day before and they just hung up on me. I called back and asked to speak to the owner and they told me that I already did and hung up on me. I told our rep and nothing was done about it. This has happened many times and it puts many of those shops at the top of my don't ever send to me again List.

If you all here can tell me that you wouldn't of done this then that’s fine by me. I speak here sharing my own experience for the past 5 years. Lots of screwed up small tiny orders that I filled faithfully for many of the non OG. I know the company I share here is good and bad and its hard not to step on people’s feet around here. Especially when your not part of the good ol boys club.

Thanks for taking the time in reading what I have said.

Reactions: 1 person
You can be a top sender without being the sleazy Order Gatherer. Right?
That’s very encouraging to hear. Reading the post from Twila about the one member still sending and turning off the receiving part makes me feel good that many of you don't believe in that. Probably one of the first times that I have seen it.

I remember a while back I recieved and incoming order from a well known florist. A top sender with a real location. They sent us an order for for $35 bucks and we took care of it for them. The next day we just happened to have a customer that needed something sent out to the area the florist served. I sent the order to them same zip code that they served and the rejected the order. I sent $45 and 5 bucks for delivery. I called them up and asked what was the deal? They said it was below their minimum. I then told them about the order they sent me the day before and they just hung up on me. I called back and asked to speak to the owner and they told me that I already did and hung up on me. I told our rep and nothing was done about it. This has happened many times and it puts many of those shops at the top of my don't ever send to me again List.

If you all here can tell me that you wouldn't of done this then that’s fine by me. I speak here sharing my own experience for the past 5 years. Lots of screwed up small tiny orders that I filled faithfully for many of the non OG. I know the company I share here is good and bad and its hard not to step on people’s feet around here. Especially when your not part of the good ol boys club.

Thanks for taking the time in reading what I have said.

Eric,

I can certainly appreciate where you are coming from. Most of our outgoing orders are substantially more than $35.00, but we do send some for that price. We do however happily fill incoming orders for $35.00-unless they come from a disceptive order gatherer. We do check their websites to see what they have charged their customers. If there is ANY question, we will either forward that order on, ask for more money, or refuse it.

Eric, or anyone else here listening (that's a real florist), I will be more than happy to fill your orders that come in to Corvallis, Or. I can promise you that we will fill it to value and that you will get the freshest flowers and a beautiful design...We guarantee it!

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with one FTD Top Member. Please don't hold this one experience against all of us. We all have the right to run our businesses the way we choose. (Isn't that what many of you talk about when it comes to whether or not to have a wire service?)Some of us have decided to use ethics in our businesses, some have not.

I would appreciate not being painted with the same brush as those who don't play fair. Thanks for listening.

Twila

Eric,

I would appreciate not being painted with the same brush as those who don't play fair. Thanks for listening.

Thanks for the response. I am glad someone could relate to the problems that we faced when we were with FTD. Again I am just glad that the top senders do have the same concerns that many of us have.

To use our past experiences and blame all top senders is unfair to the ones that properly send the orders and I do apologize for including all top senders.

Its funny that its taken three years here at flowerchat to finally realize who is who here. But you know most of you here don't share share that information so easly.

But

Eric,

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with one FTD Top Member. Please don't hold this one experience against all of us. We all have the right to run our businesses the way we choose. (Isn't that what many of you talk about when it comes to whether or not to have a wire service?)Some of us have decided to use ethics in our businesses, some have not.

Twila
I paint bloomz with the same brush I'd paint Hillary.

I do too, & I resemble that remark...

Tried as hard as possible, but came in second to the big man...

:tread::tread:

Bloomz.....:yourock:

probably ran out of "paint".......:)

Status
Not open for further replies.