Not open for further replies.

Mikey the Flower Guy

It's a GREAT DAY to live, and love!
Nov 10, 2002
Dundas, Ontario, Canada
www.hamiltonflorists.com
State / Prov
Ontario
I don't ask for much....I've come to respect and admire each of you individually, yet, someone, as a "family", collectively, you have demonstrated a great ability to send powerful, all encompassing, and focused empathy, to help each other out!!
I ask this of you.......I'm so very empty, I write this with tears, something coming from a guy that's faced, and experienced death first hand, and have been able to prevent it for others....
I'm shaking terribly, this is kinda hard, it's much to ask of you.......
Just got a call from my daughter, whom, along with the rest of us, have been holding a sort of "hurrah" vigil, at my son in law's bedside at Toronto Western General, 24 hours a day, a family member is taking turns being with Shawn, who, just a couple, or 3 weeks ago, shared the wonderful beach wedding of our oldest son, in Mexico..it was like a paradise of emotions and relaxation come true...all at the same time, all for the right reasons, all the family, and some very close friends attending.
It was the high, that I thought we'd never really have to come down from......it was that nice, it was that special.
Last week, Shawn (Jaxon's dad) lapsed into a brain induced emergency lift from Bowmanville, where they live, to Toronto...apparently THE hospital that knows what to do with these "demons" (as Shawn expresses it), which are un-affectionately know as Cavernomas
http://brainavm.oci.utoronto.ca/malformations/Cavernomas_index.htm
We truly thought that our grandson Jaxon, inherited the genome, from his dad, and that it would help explain some of his shortfalls in development, though, it would seems, with fingers crossed, Jaxon is just one of those kids that WON'T walk before he's 2 years old, but weekly therapy has made him a different little kid, a pretty amazing and capable little boy, with a vocabulary seemingly beyond some adults...he does have chromosome deficiencies, that WERE indeed passed down by both his parents, Shawn, and my daughter Nikki, so, it seems we need to wait, and work hard!!
Nikki called a few minutes ago...she was shaking right through the phone, when she said to please be prepared to bring Jaxon to see his dad, on a moments notice, as early as tomorrow morning, if current conditions continue to deteriorate....after 2 MRI's and emergency consults, it has been determined, that a sudden cavernoma had developed, in the last 2 weeks, at the base of his brain, behind the spinal cord, right where the cord attaches to the brain, and it needed to be removed, as it has refused to stop bleeding, and putting massive pressure on this part of his brain. has caused him a delusional state, eyes closed, even a whisper tormenting him like smashing cymbals.
They've tried all the non-radical and non-invasive treatments...nothing is working...it's going to be a life threatening emergency anywhere between tonite, and wednesday, when Shawn's be scheduled for an operation, that could end his life, literally......only 6 out of 51 such procedure have been successful..anywhere.
Nikki, between sobs, asked that we be prepared to bring Jaxon to see his dad, on a moment's notice, to perhaps say goodbye, and "I LOVE YOU" one last time, which I refuse to believe, and accept.
Shawn is the kind of dad, that ANY KID, would be proud to have as a dad, and I'm proud of his achievments, and his grit determination, and he's the kind of young man, that I'm easily able to call my son...easily, and at 32 years old, I would trade my life for his, without hesitation........
I ask for your prayers...just your prayers please, no more, and no less.
My heart tells me he WILL beat the odds, he WILL be my grandson's dad for a long time to come, he WILL be my daughter's best protector AND provider, for a long tome to come
This little family has been deprived of God's love, and compassion, because of something I HAVE DONE, or NOT DONE...why are they being punished so??
My wife Sandie doesn't know yet, Jaxon is too young to understand, but, he knows that something is wrong..he's that intuitive...
He asks for your prayers as well......

Oh Mikey, I was so hoping that things had turned your way in a positive swing. This is nothing that you have done...it just is. All we can do at this point is to pray our hardest to help get you and Sandie and your family though all of this and to not let you lose your faith.My heart goes out to all of you, I am as close as the phone,
Sher

I will pray tonight Mikey...I will pray until I fall asleep. ....hugs.

Reactions: BOSS
Oh Mikey, I am SO sorry! The heartbreak in your words moved me to tears. I wish there was something I could do (other than pray for you all). Your family has been through SO much in the past few months. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Please take care of yourselves and keep us updated if time permits.

Much love!!!!

There is power in prayer, I pray God's healing Grace watch over your family,
I pray that phone call to be better news for your family.

Mikey,

Words cannot possibly express all that is in my heart. As Sher said, we are not to blame for what happens, but I can understand your feelings. Please don't lose your faith...that I believe is what keeps us strong and teachable. I honestly believe that there is a reason for everything. Someday, we'll be able to find out those reasons...probably not while here on earth.

We all love, appreciate and respect you. Will be sending all my love and prayers on behalf of your family. Hopefully you will be able to find some peace.

Hugs to you

Twila

Prayers going up now. . .

You must know that God knows your pain and concern. . . .
You are not to bear this burden alone. . . .
I don't know your life, but your heart has been open here many times. . .

We walk with you my brother. . . .

My heart goes out to you for what you're all going thru...

Thoughts, hopes, and prayers for you, your loved ones, and for the divine intervention we all wish to have during times of need.
My prayers going in your direction........

Mikey - Even if I were there next to you....holding your hand.......lending a hug........I could do no more than just pray.

We don't always understand His reasoning behind the suffering of our loved ones.....but we walk in faith knowing that even though we don't understand......We are confident that He does.

So, Mikey..... I am going to type out my prayer here.

Most gracious heavenly father,

I pray to you for the health, life, and love of this little one. We know you are in control and though we don't understand why you are allowing the suffering of this little child, we trust that you have a reason and that even through our pain and suffering, we give you praise and honor for you are worthy.

Now Father, We claim a healing of this little boy already.......Your word says where two or more are gathered together, you are in the midst.....on this thing of man called the internet, there are many people praying for this child......Though we are separated by distance....our spirits are together amd we trust that you are in the midst thereof. Therefore, we rebuke this sickness of little Jaxon. We rebuke it in the might and power of our Lord Jesus. We claim life...more abundantly for this family and trust that you are in control and your will is being done. We pray this in the mighty and precious name of our Lord Jesus. Amen.

Mikey:
My prayers are with you and your whole family this evening. We are all praying for a good outcome.

Two pieces of scripture that give me strength & hope and sometimes courage:
From Hebrews 13:5-6....and God said: I will never leave you. I will never forsake you, as long as you trust in the Lord.

From Psalm 121:
I will lift up my eyes to the hills from whence cometh my help.
My hlep comes from the Lord, who has made heaven & earth.
He will watch over you and keep you from all harm....now and forever more.

Regards and hugs,

Cheryl

Mikey,

God's gracious blessings on you and your family in your time of need. Praying for God's healing on Jaxon's and Nikki's father/husband.
Praying for God's hand of comfort for all of you.

Also, shedding tears with you!

Oh Mikey, your pain came through loud and clear. I am so sorry this is happening to your family. Sending you and your family good vibes and much love.

Mikey there is hope.
I'll give you the condensed version of this story,
My oldest nephew, when he was 2 years old, had a brain tumor that erupted. He was taken to the hospital and rushed into surgery. He had a 2% (yes 2%) chance of making it through the surgery.
He turned 11 last December.

There is always Hope.

Sending thoughts to you and your family from San Diego.

Mikey, you are one of the sweetest people on FlowerChat. I remember sending you an email for an order in your area. I was unaware of the Canadian holiday and when you answered the email, you asked, kiddingly, how long was I going to be mad at you (because it took you so long to answer the email). It made me laugh right away. It turns our the order wasn't for your area and you sent me to Ryan's Mom's shop.
We all have good memories of how nice we have been treated by the members of our wonderful group.
Anyway, long story, longer - not only because you were so nice to me but because we have a wonderful group, you and your family will be first in my prayers.
Positive thoughts and prays are coming your way.
Sharon

Mikey - this is something I just don't do, because I don't believe in asking God for other than his will, the power to carry that out and the wherewithal to accept it.

For your case I made an exception.

I don't/rarely, basically never ask, so I think chances are better He will listen?

God bless

jonathon

Status
Not open for further replies.