Article Local Search Ranking Factors: 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan,
not sure why I deserved such a special mention......
I dod try my very best to become more & more educated each & every day about all kinds of stuff.

I will try to wade thru this & probably will have at least a million questions...... :)

thanks!

cheryl

OK you got my attention, article was more than my brain can handle at this time....will have my husband read and translate.... it's about as bad as the wiki thing for my new website.....??????!!!!!?????

Help technology challenged!!!:boggles:

Cathy, didn't you PM me this link a month ago or post it? Or something like it? Or was that last years? I remember reading it thinking, I'm such a noob and need to do this asap.

I love it when Ryan points me out like that.

A. I need the attention because my father never gave it to me and
B. I suck at SEO hard core. :)

Thanks a lot Ryan for the link!

Oh it was a trick! lol

Well now you know.. I suck and my dad hated me. lol

Well, my philosophy has always been to never listen what experts have to say. :tongue:

Usually, only a few of those "experts" are truly critical thinkers. Most others are merely parroting the prevailing views in the field, just so that they won't end up having to defend their unorthodox views.

Also, we should completely ignore the "imporatance" "agreement" numbers. Those numbers are meaningless, because 'True or False' is not determined by the majority of votes. How many experts voted for a certain idea, has nothing to do with the 'True or False' of that idea.

With that said, I agree that there must be a way to analyze how Google/Yahoo might be ranking each page and use that info to your favor.

The problem, however, is that this is fundamentally a cat-mouse game, in which you are necessarily a step or more behind Google/Yahoo.

Unless you are paid to play this cat-mouse game (SEO pro), I think most florists would be better off using common sense. How would I present my second store front?

Common sense tell you that you probably should make it clean, useful, and interesting to the visitors, not to inspectors (search engines).

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks a lot DOOD! :) Yeah he does and regrets a lot that he did. But I haven't seen him in 10 years.. oh well. :)

Very funny! Although it got my attention, it was way over my head! Thanks for that post Ryan. I was beginning to think I must be really good for a minute. LOL!

var clicky_custom_session = { username: 'Joe Mioux' };

nice touch....
Sorry, Joe - that's for the analytics data, so that I can id which session is yours. You'll see it on every page - it's nothing to do with this post specifically.

Ryan

I didn't know what was going on there. Thought I was going to get some help for my site, wrong. I read, call the husband, told him to read all that stuff and make the site better.haha
Jokes on me. If you have the time to read and understand, you have more time than me.:SUI:

Well now i just think you are more clever than i already thought you were..

I felt all special and then boosh you took it away:rofl:

me

I am lady0003 but I guess I am "computerstupid" enough to not even know why I was the one pointed to this????????????????

Ryan cleverly had everybodies user ID show up when you opened the thread so it appeared that he was singling you out. And remember, you aren't computer stupid, but rather 'computer challenged', like I am.

Mike

The problem, however, is that this is fundamentally a cat-mouse game, in which you are necessarily a step or more behind Google/Yahoo.
Whew, I quickly figured out that I was the mouse for a second or two.... Thanks for the jar Ryan :) I'm awake/listening/reading....

Status
Not open for further replies.