Announcement Several bits of news....and a plea for help.

She's 87 and still calling the shots? That's amazing and kinda scary too. I pray to God I'm still able to do the job at 87 but hope to God I don't still have to do it! Sorry Ricky

so sorry to hear, Ricky. it must not have been the right place after all. I'm so glad you're in a safe place now while you're looking.

Do something for me, talk to God, just talk like he was in the room. No thee's and thou's necessary. Just say Jesus, Lord, man I've gotten myself into another mess. Forgive me of disappointing you, and help me to find a way out. Ricky,you say you have a church. I hope you do because you'll understand what I've just said. We all have our problems and disappoint God every single day of our lives. But with Grace we are forgiven, simply by asking for it. You know the story of Daniel praying for an answer, and God sent the angel immediately, but the angel was caught up in a battle in the heavenlys with deamons trying to stop him. The angel fought for a very very long time before he could get away and deliver that answer to the prayer.
I mention this as an encouragement to all who have prayers that seem unanswered right now. I personally have been fighting a battle with ATT for two years. They were destroying my business. Well just last Saturday, things broke open in a miraculous way and all the errors were fixed and I know God did it for me. If just took awhile to get here. I also know it must be one whale of a big blessing or satan wouldn't have fought so hard and long to delay me getting it.

Ricky, Please consider all I've said, because short of coming to get you, which I can't, your going to have to depend on God and yourself.

This is exactly what is needed. I am a Christian who knows that God loves us all, gay, straight it doesn't matter. We are all sinners and no one sin is worse than the other. You sound like a really awesome guy and I know that if you surrender your burdens to God and give Him control he will come through for you. Get down and pray and ask God to bring you a way to get you into a stable job. I will put you on my prayer list!

praying every day for the right floral job to come along. Got several good leads.........both in San Antonio and also back in Austin.

So far though..........I am enjoying San Antonio far better than I was enjoying Austin. Even after I am able to get my car from SC....I still am going to rely a good bit on the bus system anyway........far more economical and a heck of a lot more fun.......I have met some great people on the bus.

Reactions: anytimeflowers
I had never ridden on a public bus until I moved here to Ecuador! I love it! I told my husband that it is so romantic taking the bus with him!!! Haha! And, I have met several interesting people on the bus as well! So glad things are turning around for you, hoping you get some work soon! It seems like SA might be a great option for you, don't recommend returning to Austin! Praying for you!

Well, I have GOOD news for everyone......I AM BACK IN THE FLOWER SHOP OFFICIALLY as of this past monday. I went opn an interview to this shop in San Antonio, did three sample arrangements for her, and she HIRED ME ON THE SPOT. She also asked me when I could start, I asked her when would she like me to start, and her reply was......bearing in mind this was about 2:30 in the afternoon, How about just coming on back and finish out the day !!!!

The flower shop is called "The Last Straw Florist ". It is a high-end shop. The owner's are super-nice people.

Now, Cathy, YOU have an assignment.......Give PHIL the biggest hug from me and tell him that is for teaching me the nautilus shell, the flat weave, and the hala bird...........THEY LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them here in San Antonio, Texas.

If he wants to send me any more palm leaf weave instructions.........PLEASE DO......I can SELL the heck out of them here.

By the way, The Last Straw florist is still FTD and Teleflora.......and you KNOW one of the designers so you KNOW the work will be up to par for your customers......so please feel free to send us your San Antonio orders. ( SHAMELESS PLUG HERE ) lol

Also, they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery......well, one of my arrangements that featured some of the palm leaf weaves was taken by the owners for a business meeting that they attend. The arrangement is donated as a door prize. A lasy there was snapping photo after photo with her phone........the owner saw this and handed her the shop business card and told her tht we could do one similar for her.....and she confessed to wanting to know how they did "the wonderful leaves".......

Hot Dog! Ricky...now be sure and take some pic's of those great arrangements your rocking the south with!

Blessings!

Well, the first big event with this new florist that I helped with went off with a bang !!!! 140 arrangements, 6 x 6 glass cylinder, with 5 open roses, 2 stargazer lily blooms, accents of statice.........the client loved them........and we are able to re-purpose the shorter stem flowers for other work.