So glad to be alive today - gratitude list

Status
Not open for further replies.
in the time you took to write your "life prophecy" you've given ALL of us something to think about, and reinforced our appreciation for life, and it's greatest gifts.
Many us went down that same road, many of us faced the brick wall, but, only SOME of us believed that banging our heads against that wall, would change our lives.
Each person has great torment...you, my friend, have just done one of the MOST marvelous posts, that I've EVER read, and "green dots" is NOT what you are gonna get!!
You've elevated your RESPECT LEVEL.......and shared your family!!:grovel:

Reactions: 2 people
:hug: Fantastic post, JB.

You make a terrific role model for your little guy (and BTW, he is a smashing combo of you and Glenda.)

Jon, you made lots of us smile today.. but that picture of your son says it all.. what a wonderful combination of 2 people to make one super new person.

Not sure how many green dots it garnered for you but it sure made my day.

Jonathon,
You may just inspired someone who needed to wake up and smell the coffee and see the destruction they are doing to themselves and their family members.
For those who are tired to live that live, there is always someone ready to give you a helping hand. All it takes is a phone call. Usually you will find thta number is your local newspaper, family crisis centre, and phone book. Why don't you make that phone call today!

And for those family members that are affected by alchololism or drugs and think they Are ALRIGHT BUT ARE NOT, you also can make that one phone call to AL-ANON. THere is thousand of people just like you, going through the same thing and they are going to guide you to recovery! You think it is not your problem, let me tell you from a someone who has gone through it, it is your problem.....

Best of luck Jonathon on your continued recovery and everyone else who is also on that path of life......
Luc

Reactions: 3 people
Every day...

Every day is a blessing, Jon, as you well know.. Thanks for your wonderful post, and to the thought provoking discussions that you ALWAYS generate here.

Your son and wife a truly blessed....glad that you are feeling better also!
Kind regards,

Cheryl

Reactions: 1 person
JB,

I'm so proud of you for surrendering and joining the winning side.

Your post brought tears to my eyes. I too had some rough times in the early years. The '80s and the 90s were not fun for me. I was never addicted to anything, but did use plenty. And did suffer debilitating suicidal depression. And have lost my parents, grandparents, little brother, old boyfriend, my first baby, etc. And feel like I got a second chance at happiness too.

I'm so happy that you're happy. Your wife looks very sweet, and your little son looks like an angel.

Hugs,
Beth :~)

Reactions: 3 people
yes, Bloomzie, i too am not what i once was. two boys now age 12 and 16 and a wife that is always there. man what a time we 4 have. whats the song say, "" keep smiling, keep laughing"" to you man...

So glad....

JB, Thanks for sharing with us. We all suffer from past trial & tribulations in our life.When you emerge from it having learned some valuable lessons, its what you do with your experience that counts. Thank you for all your time and service to those STILL in need. You have a lovely family & are truly blessed......10 dots to you!! Debbie

JB,

I'm so proud of you for surrendering and joining the winning side.

Your post brought tears to my eyes. I too had some rough times in the early years. The '80s and the 90s were not fun for me. I was never addicted to anything, but did use plenty. And did suffer debilitating suicidal depression. And have lost my parents, grandparents, little brother, old boyfriend, my first baby, etc. And feel like I got a second chance at happiness too.

I'm so happy that you're happy. Your wife looks very sweet, and your little son looks like an angel.

Hugs,
Beth :~)

That was brave of you to share too Beth. I wish you much happiness. :flowers:

Jb

OK how did I miss this post?
I just wanted to say I am so proud of you and you have a beautiful family!!! I wish you much success in your future!!! You are an inspiration!!!
I dunno what else to say you got me crying and all my make up running off down my cheeks ( customers gonna think I'm sick or something).
We make alot of mistakes in our lives, God only knows I made my share and probably someone else's too, but isn't it nice when you surrender and give it over to the Master!!!JB, you and your family are in my thoughts & prayers!!!!:hug:

Congratulations from me too, Jon! You are still a wonderfully special person. May God continue to bless you and your beautiful family.

For those of us who have known you for ages, watched you develop as a Real solid man, tolerated your political rants, giggled at your sarcasm, prayed for you when you got hurt, seen the absolute joy in your eyes when you talk of your family,suffered with you when you lost your folks, listened to your pond stories...well...we love you, we are proud to call you friend and we congratulate you on your 15 years bro....
Lots of high fives...not those kind of highs but the hands held up waving like a lunatic high fives!
Sher

Now why can't I give the man a green button??????

Here's to celebrating another year of You! Staying on the road is not easy even after 16 year as and only the strong survive. To share the way you do on a weekly basis is what defines "giving lip service" as opposed to "walking the walk"....here's to many more years of stayng true....and my hands are doing the lunatic high fives to ya!
Sher....this time I am determined to give you the "lost" green dot....lol

And speaking of which...I had an awful time finding this post so I could acknowledge you...do our posts get filed after a certain time? Just curious?????

JB, all I can say is you the man. :headbang:

Congratulations!!!! I can only hope that one of my dear floral friends is able to straighten out her life as well. This month she spent 3 weeks in a coma possible due to her drinking and diabities. I know that it is a hard road and even if I don't know you personally I am still proud of your acomplishment!

Jon,
Congratulations on another year. You have it all!!!!
Sharon:bow_flowe

Status
Not open for further replies.