Upgrade Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I'm liking vb 3.7.
Not a whole lot of changes, except they are trying to keep up with the whole "social networking" trend and added some extra bells and whistles.

^5 on the upgrade, seems to have gone pretty smooth.

cheers

Give those "two" choices, I vote for Aqua as well.

it's actually easier on the eyes...this is a fabulous upgrade
Mikey likes it Captain!!

Reactions: 1 person
FlowerChat is currently running with backup style settings while we migrate to the new vBulletin software. We anticipate having the Green Style back in place in the near future.
Awww,c'mon, where's that poll for a show down vote between the blue and green - I think the bluebees outnumber the greenies :>

Oh what happened. I am seeing green today. I like the blue much better, the green is hard on the eyes. I vote for blue, but I am only one vote.

Awww,c'mon, where's that poll for a show down vote between the blue and green - I think the bluebees outnumber the greenies :>
We need to have fully functioning skins in the blue and green before having a poll to decide. Right now, neither one is working 100%.

Ryan

So far I'm liking vb 3.7.
Not a whole lot of changes, except they are trying to keep up with the whole "social networking" trend and added some extra bells and whistles.

^5 on the upgrade, seems to have gone pretty smooth.

cheers
Here are some of the new features:

1) Inline spam management - nice for us admins, if we have to deal with spammy people
2) Thread tagging - Users can now create and add tags to threads to better categorize and search content on FC
3) Search & Tag clouds - based on #2
4) Establish 2-way friendships with users for enhanced networking
5) Public messaging & conversations on profiles
6) Picture gallery on your profile - build up the power of your profile by adding images to albums within your profile
7) Social Groups - (This is big for FC, IMHO) Now users can create their own discussion groups - public and private - outside the defined forum structure of FlowerChat. Some examples: regional groups, or state floral assosciations, or AIFD/CAFA, IFA, non-WS members, etc. Doug can even start a group of 1 for Red River Cereal lovers!
8) Completely redesigned member profiles
9) Edit your profile from the profile page
10) Lightbox for viewing attached images
11) A Notice System to display custom messages based on a members parameters
12) A host of other admin features
13) Visitor tracking on your profile page
14) Automatic image resizing
15) AJAX now uses the YUI Library

and more backend stuff.

You can expect to see some new videos from Jim in the near future on how these features work.

Ryan

I've been in contact with our style designer for FC, and he anticipates a properly functioning style this weekend coming.

Ryan

Love, Love, Love the new profile page! It's way cool! I give it an A++ :thumbsup

Just a note so say if we go all blue, I'm going on strike.

Green all the way for me. It's the color we use most in our biz and the color of moneeeeeey.

Here's an excerpt about color preferences:

Green: The color of harmony and balance, Green symbolizes hope, renewal and peace, and is usually liked by the gentle and sincere. Greens are generally frank, community-minded people, fairly sociable but preferring peace at any price. Green people can be too self-effacing, modest and patient, so they may get exploited by others. They are usually refined, civilized and reputable.
Blue: Soft, soothing, compassionate and caring, Blue is the color of deliberation and introspection, conservatism and duty. Patient, persevering, conscientious, sensitive and self-controlled, Blues like to be admired for their steady character and wisdom. They are faithful, but are often worriers with somewhat inflexible beliefs and can be too cautious, and suspicious of flamboyant behavior.
Blue-Green: Exacting, discriminating, poised and attractive, the Blue-Green person tends to be sensitive, intellectual and refined, persevering and stable if rather detached. Blue-Greens have excellent taste, and are usually courteous and charming, capable but often refusing help or guidance.
I like the way the skin is now green but the posts are blue. Can't we all just call this one good for our discourse?

BTW, based on those descriptions of personalities by color, the forum should be purple! :>

......keeping in mind that on some days personalities fade to BLACK

OMG ! What does it really matter? AT LEAST THERE IS A FLOWER CHAT !!!!
Am I right? There is no way everyone will get their way, or is there? LOL
You do work some wonders .:yourock:
I am fond of many on FC, I grow my shop from many bits and pieces of advice
and LOL lol, cry, worry for each of your troubles, think thats a family!
JUST THANKS !!!!!!!!

I'm a fan of white....:wide:

Blue is...Soft, soothing, compassionate and caring, Blue is the color of deliberation and introspection
Yea...like that applies to any of us :rolleyes:

As I tell my kids - "...You get what you get, and you don't get upset..."

For the record, I'm ok with green, blue or whatever. It's the margins for the text that I'm visually have a hard time adjusting to. They really stretch across my screen. But again, I'm ok with it.

Customize your profile

Part of the upgrade is the ability for you to customize your individual user profile, to make it...more you....

Have fun..and remember, at the bottom of the page there is a reset button in case you get lost...

Attachments

• FC Profile.png
    FC Profile.png
    94.2 KB · Views: 56
Status
Not open for further replies.