Wedding Pictures

Additionally - the retail cost of the bear was only 8.99 without the flowers. I used about a good yard of the #9 sheer to go around the bears neck and to make the bow, then it was just a matter of glueing the bits of blooms in. I quoted 19.99 per bear. 3 orange spray rose blooms, 1 sprig of hypericum, 2 hot pink spra rose blooms, 3 little bits of solidago, and 1 orchid bloom was the full complement. I would say I made money with that design.

A wedding we did back in June.

Really easygoing bride and groom, gave me a lot of creative freedom..

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Picture 5.jpg
    Picture 5.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Picture 6.jpg
    Picture 6.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Picture 9.jpg
    Picture 9.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Picture 10.jpg
    Picture 10.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Picture 14.jpg
    Picture 14.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Picture 17.jpg
    Picture 17.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Picture 22.jpg
    Picture 22.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 18
My cousin's wedding in July.

That was a bit of a hectic weekend since I was a bridesmaid, and did all the flowers!

Attachments

• Picture 28.jpg
    Picture 28.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Picture 29.jpg
    Picture 29.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Picture 31.jpg
    Picture 31.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Picture 32.jpg
    Picture 32.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Picture 33.jpg
    Picture 33.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Picture 34.jpg
    Picture 34.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Picture 39.jpg
    Picture 39.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Picture 40.jpg
    Picture 40.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Picture 41.jpg
    Picture 41.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 25
Beautiful work Dflorist! I'm curious about the church, it's so unusual. What denomination and how old is it?

The Church is Serbian Orthodox, it's actually the church I've gone to my whole life. The church itself isn't that old, it was built in the early seventies.

The frescoes on the walls are a recent addition, they were finished about 6 years ago, and took over 2 years to finish. All of it was painted by a priest from the Chicago area.

This is a fairly typical style for a Serbian church. Most have the frescoes. Some have pews, and some don't.

Most of the photographers I've talked to love shooting in this church

Reactions: KABERS
Wow Sandy, judging by the flowers used, that mantle must be enormous. Love the colors and flower choices ~ the bride's bouquet is scrumptious!

It was! The flowers were over 5 ft. long and the mantle must have been about 10 ft. It was high as well....We could barely reach to set the containers on it without a ladder!

Reactions: anytimeflowers
So, one of the designers who helped me with my daughter's reception flowers brought a few prints to me. (Wow, didn't know you could still buy film! lol)

It was a challenge to honor her extremely simple tastes (her favorite flower is a white daisy) and still fill a ballroom of 250 guests, with a mild country-western feel. The tables were not finished when these pix were taken but you get the gist of it. There were three styles of cp. The one with the shepherd's hook is one of two whiskey barrels. They flanked the head table.

So here is a little sneak peek, the photographer will have their pix ready in November.

scan0005.jpgscan0004.jpgscan0003.jpgscan0002.jpgscan0001.jpg

Nice job Linda! I especially love the boot designs.
Now fess up - did it drive you crazy that, as the MOB who has access to any flower in the world and is a superior designer to boot (no pun intended) that your daughter wanted daisies? This is a fantastic example of giving the customer what they ask for...kudos to you for doing such a fantastic job.
Emily

Reactions: anytimeflowers
Nice job Linda! I especially love the boot designs.
Now fess up - did it drive you crazy that, as the MOB who has access to any flower in the world and is a superior designer to boot (no pun intended) that your daughter wanted daisies? This is a fantastic example of giving the customer what they ask for...kudos to you for doing such a fantastic job.
Emily

YES!!!! It drove me wild. I could have done really luscious things. Even with a country theme, imagine these and the girls bouquets dripping with green hanging amaranthus. She thinks it's "creepy". Her tastes run REALLY simple, there isn't anything I could do about it. Argh!

Reactions: emilymoonflower
perfectionist.jpgpew deco.jpgpomander balls.jpgtable centerpieces.jpgtree love.jpgbar arrangement.jpgbrides bouq..jpgout of bounds markers.jpgOne of the weddings from yesterday. Bit off more than I can chew. Everything was beautiful but i'm just not equiped to handle the quantities and distance and be so anal retentive at the same time.
The ceremony was on a golf course ( we even decorated the out of bounds markers) and the wind was blowing about 35 mph. I was told one of the balls kept smacking a bridesmaid in head - should be good video
We transferred the balls and hearts to the reception. (thought hanging the hearts on the pictures was pretty clever - thank you glue dots)
I loved the bouquet but why why why did I put that purple lizy in the middle to create a black hole? I used the pipe insulation on the handle ( some genius on here recommended - sorry I don't remember who) it was adorable and did I get a picture? no!
The fresh pomander balls for the bridesmaids weighed a freaking ton and took a rediculous amount of time to make - WILL NEVER DO AGAIN for less than 200.00 ea.

View attachment 15464View attachment 15465View attachment 15466View attachment 15467View attachment 15468View attachment 15469View attachment 15470View attachment 15471One of the weddings from yesterday. Bit off more than I can chew. Everything was beautiful but i'm just not equiped to handle the quantities and distance and be so anal retentive at the same time.
The ceremony was on a golf course ( we even decorated the out of bounds markers) and the wind was blowing about 35 mph. I was told one of the balls kept smacking a bridesmaid in head - should be good video
We transferred the balls and hearts to the reception. (thought hanging the hearts on the pictures was pretty clever - thank you glue dots)
I loved the bouquet but why why why did I put that purple lizy in the middle to create a black hole? I used the pipe insulation on the handle ( some genius on here recommended - sorry I don't remember who) it was adorable and did I get a picture? no!
The fresh pomander balls for the bridesmaids weighed a freaking ton and took a rediculous amount of time to make - WILL NEVER DO AGAIN for less than 200.00 ea.

the flower orbs look like they are really moving! But i love the way they look and the double heart on the tree is especially lovely!

that olive in the martini glass is very clever! The whole wedding looks great and I don't think the lisianthus left a black hole . You're more critical of your own work than anyone else would be. Nice job and atleast you have some photos even if you didn't charge enough!