What Do You Want To Know?

A few points i would like to make about the forum.

It used to have a line that seperated the posts that you had not read with the posts that you had which made it very easy - I would like a return on that.

Also, i dont think its obvious which forum threads are in, marketing, tech, commentary etc - could this be in a brighter colour so that its easier to identify.

When you thank someone you get took back up to the top.

When you see a next page and click on it, sometimes there is not a post there.

Just a few thoughts, nothing major but thought i would mention it.

I have a question about the "thanks" button. I haven't used it much lately cuz every time I do, I get pushed back up to the top of the page and have to scroll my way back down to the last post...it's kind of annoying. Is it only me?

edit...I guess I should have read the whole thread before posting my question. It wouldn't have been redundant then. Oh well.....

Nice to see you folks answering and helping each other out... thanks!

We're aware of the issue with the "thanks" button.... trying to find a solution.

:boggles:I want to know why every time I thank someone, I get taken back to the top of the page. I know this was asked before, but I'm asking again cuz I might have missed the answer.

I'm clicking thanks on this, and as I do, I'm thinking, crap! Now I'm going to be back at the top of the page!

Reactions: anytimeflowers
When I try to find an old post of mine, it only takes me to the beginning of the thread in which I've posted, not to the specific post. Not very helpful if it's a long thread. Will this go back to the way it used to be?

Reactions: Palms
I want to know if there is going to be a member listing by city and state, or if there already is one, how to access it.

Yes - in the works :)

Joan,I noticed that too. Taking a guess.
... if you have a tag line for yourself in the space where either of those shows then your tagline takes presidence.
Like me it used to say "Ole florist and all around good egg", now just says Registered User.
Yes, I think you are right!
That makes perfect sense with who I know is going and staying and had a tag line. If I did not have a tag line then it would say full member.

That's about right. One of the perks of paid membership is the custom title under the username. Free accounts reverted to an old message.

When I try to find an old post of mine, it only takes me to the beginning of the thread in which I've posted, not to the specific post. Not very helpful if it's a long thread. Will this go back to the way it used to be?

Yup - the new vB4 search results pretty much stink. The entire vB community is up in arms about it, and I hope the programmers get the message. Meantime, we'll be looking for hacks and solutions to improve the accuracy and format of the results.

LOL. Guilty. Sorry, Ryan, I wasn't sure how much I could post and I'm trying to find some spare cash at the moment after a pricey van repair.

Reactions: theRKF
I'm clicking thanks on this, and as I do, I'm thinking, crap! Now I'm going to be back at the top of the page!

Looks like we fixed the refresh issue!

Okay, I've been busted out. Been hanging around here just about since this board first started out. Probably 2004. I have learned much just from reading, but have never posted before because most threads that I could contribute to have already been hashed out pretty well.

Don't you feel like your parents just caught you sneaking in a back window after a night of partying? Just kidding Ryan! :D You know we love it here -- that's why we're wall flowers, yeah, that's it - wall flowers

Okay Ryan, I have another wish. I keep going back in the search trying to find threads that deal with photoshop elements. Is there any way to bookmark favorite threads to more easily find them again? It may already exist and I just haven't found it yet, but it sure would be helpful for when it is a closed thread.

Thanks

ps - THANK YOU FOR FIXING THE THANKS!!!