Nov 29, 2007
Boca raton
State / Prov
Fl
Never been a pill popper myself....the only thing I currently take is:

1. Multi vitamin
2. Omega 3
3. Prilosec
4. Zanax a few times a year ( today is one of those times)

I was just telling my husband that I feel the need to start back up on Prozac...as the stress mounts the further away from my biz I want to run, these are sure signs of needing a bit of medical help for me...

No need for pill's here, they only cover up the real reasons we think we need them in the first place, they don't fix anything.

I've found it much easier, and better to just admit that God is in control, what happens to me, my family and my business is up to Him, and as long as I'm responsible and prudent He'll take care of the rest, including the stress.

Putting Him in charge, takes the pressure off me and allows me to focus on the things I can do something about.

No need for pill's here, they only cover up the real reasons we think we need them in the first place, they don't fix anything.

I've found it much easier, and better to just admit that God is in control, what happens to me, my family and my business is up to Him, and as long as I'm responsible and prudent He'll take care of the rest, including the stress.

Putting Him in charge, takes the pressure off me and allows me to focus on the things I can do something about.

oh geeez.....please boss....if i cant spout political rhetoric, please save us the bible thumping

Reactions: blueyedame

very well said!

I have seen what drugs do to people under stress. My sister runs to mental health hostels. All the people in there are on some form of medication. The only medication I take is laughter and the love and support of my friends and family. No God or pills required. I do get stressed fed up and occassionally I would like to run as far away from my business as possible but my personal support gets me through.:thumbsup

Wow I really hope that was suppose to be a joke. Spout all the political rhetoric you want, there is a special section even dedicated to it.

If not a joke I am sorry you feel this way... I will say a prayer for you.

oh geeez.....please boss....if i cant spout political rhetoric, please save us the bible thumping

For those out there who have chemical imbalances, meds are needed (my daughter). For me, a weekend in the country with two great dogs and a cat altered my state of mind immeasurably this weekend.

V

Like V, the comfort found with my dog and cat (as well as hubby, kids and grandkids) keep me grounded and walking one foot ahead of the other....Watching the singing birds in the trees or them gouging my birdfeeders...nature in it's own wonderful way help calm and soothe.
I find solace in the sunshine, drizzley rain, or soft falling snowflakes. The smell of mud is the smell of Spring...a new awakening...a new season.

I am actually depressed much less often after being in this business. We are directly touched by tragedy everyday due to the funeral work we do. We are connected to the grieving and see it often. I am fully aware of the precious time we have and try to keep things in perspective more now than ever before.

However, clinical depression can be a medical condition that is not cured by someone saying, "cheer up." I am blessed to not have to fight that battle.

I dont use Vallium or Prozac never have ,but obviously know tons that do .My attitude is that we're all in different places with different needs and what ever works for you is what you should use .:thumbsup

I tried Valium but I did'nt really notice any difference, I think you could have given me any pill and my mind would think perhaps it helped to calm me. I know for a fact that Booze aint the answer for me, tried that too. Deep breathing, the thought that one day I will go on a vacation again. Sometimes for me, turning off everything, phones, computer, tv all of it and just hanging out at home with animals and a few select people can help. Also, old fashioned glazed donuts. But mostly laughter, just like readers digest told us all those years ago.
p.s. I'm afraid if I did go to a therapist they would prescribe something and I just hate the idea of supporting pharmacuetical companies in any way.

Reactions: Johan and Victoria
My daughter, years ago, for reasons beyond the scope of this conversation went to a psychiatrist to help try and deal with her panic attacks. Unfortunately and unbeknownst to me, the good Doctor used his office to preach his gospel... that's a no no in my world. It had an awful affect on Alana.

That being said, I'll never ever denigrate someone's belief (religious or otherwise), however, I expect the same respect will be given to those who don't have the same beliefs.

Alana needed/s medication. She still has demons to conquer and until she finds her way clear to do that she and her most competent new doctor follow a road that works for her. Again, it's a most personal choice and ridicule is not an option.

I too have had to take medication in my past... it helped beyond measure until, through therapy, I found the tools to deal with whatever is flung at me.

V

I think its time for me to stop reading any posts that are not directly related to the floral industry/biz. Even then though, lately it seems people are getting defensive and taking things too personally.

If you need meds-take them, nothing wrong with that.

Boss is like Johnny Cash to me, I like what he says and he certainly doesnt force anything.

Humour is still the best medicine-(for me anyway)
:smoke

I agree, if you need them & they do what you need them to, my all means, take them. A word of caution about Zanax, when my son was dying they gave me Zanax. I only took it twice in one day but it greatly affected my short term memory for 3 full days. Might have just been too strong for me, I dunno, but its some serious stuff!

I took a xanax once...before my first airplane flight after surviving an airplane crash. I went from being scared and shaky to a bawling mess. I would be one of those drunks who stumbles around and tells everyone how much she loves them. Not good. I haven't done it since...also don't drink as it does nothing for me other than makes me want to take a nap. Got nothing against anyone who does. We all find our own way to cope or deal...some need more help than they can give themselves so a medical intervention is necessary. Do what works for you...I cry, go for a long run, laugh with my family or see a funny movie...and like Boss, I pray...it reminds me that God is in control of my (notice I didn't say yours) life...and I can rest in that fact. It is a choice I made long ago, and it works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.