How many of you are on or taking Zanax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find when I am feeling blue, that a nice bunch of sweet smelling flowers cures just about everything.... for me!!

I will not take drugs and I so agree with Boss.. The the Lord is my refuge and my strength in times of trouble.

So find what works for you..., but look in your fridge and remeber you have a whole lot of Vitamin 4... just take time to smell the flowers.

I saw the title and thought, yippee, another controversial thread! haha.

I have forfeited my right to take any mind-altering anything recreationally but would if prescribed. Personally though I don't need it and I use spiritual help for my life problems. HOWEVER I fully support anyone's need or right to take what they have to take. I am not a doctor so what do I know about what anyone else should do.

:thumbsup

Yesterday I found a walk on the beach to relax me and make me realize how large the world is...very humbling. Takes the edge off things.

It takes different sources of comfort for each of us, please remember to be
generous with your compassion, either a pill or spirituality!

I found if you work the 12 steps of Recovery - you lose the need to put anything in yourself to feel comfortable.

It's ok if you call me a 12 step thumper - proud of it.

(I'm cooking up that cookie dough for a friend of mine, that's the ticket)

no medicines at all needed - I cope with my stress in many ways......from a humble hot bath to a stroll through our botanical and zoological gardens, from visiting a museum to a live concert, from spiritual reading, meditations, and just letting my brain work to enjoying hard physical, satisfying work.

A hot bath may seem a bit weird, however, it has ALWAYS been my philosphy that a man or a woman have a right, indeed, MORE than a right, an OBLIGATION to certain idiosyncrasies if they serve to settle the mind, stomach, and spirit for the day ahead or to release the mind, body and sould from the stresses of the day.

So, I will proudly, unashamedly, and unabashedly enjoy and revel in my hot bubbly bath and dare anyone to ridicule it.

So, I will proudly, unashamedly, and unabashedly enjoy and revel in my hot bubbly bath and dare anyone to ridicule it. [/quote]
Revel away Ricky sounds lovely .:thumbsup

God bless the person that invented Prozac. My Mom was bi-polar and finally was put on that medication after I was married and had kids. My children got to see a wonderful, loving woman. Sure wish it had been around when I was growing up, because my childhood was many times a living hell. If it helps a person, there is no shame in it. I really feel that the last 10 years of her life she was finally happy and loving life.

spirituality

....spirituality. Strength from within.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirituality

While the words religion and spirituality are often incorrectly used interchangeably, an important distinction exists between spirituality in religion and spirituality as opposed to religion. In recent[update] years, spirituality as opposed to religion often carries connotations of a believer having a faith more personal, less dogmatic, more open to new ideas and myriad influences, and more pluralistic than the doctrinal/dogmatic faiths of mature religions.[1] There are, however, non-creedal mature religions (e.g., Unitarian Universalism) whose adherents can be spiritual in the sense of having a more personal faith.[2]
It also can connote the nature of believers' personal relationship or "connection" with their god(s) or belief-system(s), as opposed to the general relationship with a Deity as shared by all members of a given faith.
Those who speak of spirituality as opposed to religion generally believe in the existence of many "spiritual paths" and deny any objective truth about the best path to follow. Rather, adherents of this definition of the term emphasize the importance of finding one's own path to whatever-god-there-is, rather than following what others say works. In summary: the path which makes the most coherent sense becomes the correct one (for oneself). But just as aspects of spirituality can be found in many religions and traditions, spirituality based on spiritual practice rather than belief, with the aim simply of developing inner peace, is another option. This secular spirituality (QV) is consistent with holding any supernatural belief, or importantly with holding none.

...trying to turn a positive thought into a debate is no way to be a friend. This politically correct junk has got to end.

Reactions: Queen of Weddings
When I signed up for " Flower Chat" I would never of thought that even half the subjects that are debated on here would come up - Gotta admit it's entertaining..!

Personally I'm not a believer in taking Medication ....I'm not going to get into all the in's and outs of why I think that.. I just do and we'll leave it at that. But Hey... if it is for you, go for it - I'll still respect you and your decision - each to their own I reckon.

But Yea - I do like a drink and very partial to a Beer... ain't no secret in that... (another form of Drug I guess) ..But thats my perogitive.

We are all entitled to our own opinions and I fully respect everyone's own beliefs ...If you worship God - great.! If not, well that's great too..! I just don't think life should be about those who do and those who don't... it's not a subject to me that should even work itself into a debate..

" Treat others how we like to be treated" is the only belief we all should share.

Wow I really hope that was suppose to be a joke. Spout all the political rhetoric you want, there is a special section even dedicated to it.

If not a joke I am sorry you feel this way... I will say a prayer for you.
please understand not everyone believes as you do. I know for many xians, it's impossible to comprehend that others dont believe in the imaginary man in the sky.

Reactions: blueyedame
No Zanax for me, one reason being that almost all medicine, includng Aleve and Tylenol, make me very sleepy.

I've known some folks whom I wish were on it.

Why'd you ask?

omg........i guess no one bothers to read. Maybe that's why pro flowers is doing so well....

People.....in the very first sentence i said " I am not a pill popper"

Ive taken exactly 4 xanax in about 3-4 years...thats all...never more then 1 a day, and never more than 1 day....

My problem is one of my employees, who happens to be a friend of 18yrs as well....too much to go into...but lets just say....when he's gone...my stress will be too...:headbang:

Please know that I understand very well that there are those that don't believe as I do. How is it you know I don't believe any different than you. I could be saying a prayer to anyone.
My point was that your comment was uncalled for. He was speaking for what works for him, and his personal experience, not bible thumping.
I hope you find a solution that works for your anxiety be it medication, God, nature, your dog, whatever.

Good Luck with your co-worker/friend

Joan

please understand not everyone believes as you do. I know for many xians, it's impossible to comprehend that others dont believe in the imaginary man in the sky.

Please know that I understand very well that there are those that don't believe as I do. How is it you know I don't believe any different than you. I could be saying a prayer to anyone.
My point was that your comment was uncalled for. He was speaking for what works for him, and his personal experience, not bible thumping.
I hope you find a solution that works for your anxiety be it medication, God, nature, your dog, whatever.

Good Luck with your co-worker/friend

Joan

thank you.......

obviously, you have not known despair, helplessness, sadness and the like.
you should thank your lucky stars and not be so judgmental.

aha, that explains it....TUI

I believe that sometimes drug therapy is necessary...My son battled cancer for 10 years...there were times that I needed a pill to reduce panic attacks ...allow me to sleep...and stop me from beating up the doctors...sometimes you need to let something..help you along. I do however joke about taking drugs during holiday season...when customers just are sooooo confusing...my thoughts on drugs......

OK...I give. Have tried to look this up, but to no avail. What does it mean to be a "Xians"?

Status
Not open for further replies.