wffsa Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I really don't understand all the hostility here. I will admit, the application did not contain enough info, especially about the person. Why vote if you don't know who it is? But, red dots and snide comments? Come on people. Surely we've got more pressing issues to deal with now.

Ted is right on.
Carol Bice

Wow...my first and only red dot in over four years of posting...should I be honored...hmmmm...unsigned of course....sorry to have to puncture your balloon but really dont care..better and bigger folks have been dotted and lived to tell about it.....if you can't tell us about yourself and you are a "frustrited housewife" or a "flowers" ...well it does beg the question...what are you doing here and why feel the need to be so secretive....I was told that you don;t have a shop...is that true? .As to the Wffsa joiner..why would you have someone else speak up for you...you have a lot to share.....stand tall and share with us....I look forward to learning from you
Dot away jackassnot...you are as gnat in my cereal bowl...
Sher

Reactions: 3 people
well you certainly know how to help members on here !
unprofessional?

this is all i wrote !!!!

"no one voted for me "
"me to rach , i dont know whats going on "
who am i ?

"im a competition winning florist and its my own business and i have been a member for quite a while just not posted, much.
d duuuuuuuur will that be it ?
i did start a intro thread but not many said hi and they didnt seem to vote like you have been doing here."

"hummmmmm you lot have confused me lol"

So please let me know why i am being ganged up on and why i have a red dot lol

And as far as not owning a shop ? ask who ever told you that how i managed to be a member of this forum ?
dose it dosent really matter what my name is or where im from, i removed all that when it seemed so dire that people needed to know lol
But if you would like to have a nosy at my work in my album, im sure you can see what i am about.
Thanks sher for highlighting this and hope this clears the matter up ?

ps, the red dot thing, was not me ! but im not bitter :)

FlowerX -

We ask members to ID their businesses and the nature of their engagement in the industry since this is a board for professionals working in the flower business. Would you kindly restore the information you included to gain membership here?

Additionally, the comments interjected into this thread, a thread about another member, are off topic. 'No one voted for me' and 'who am I' show little regard for basic forum courtesies.

Actually FC is very friendly

:grovel:what is this the fbi job application, not very friendly for newbies is it?

As has been said this voting process isn't designed to be unfriendly but to ensure that FC stays the good place it has been for many years. It works very well because if people aren't comfortable with this first stage then they probably won't benefit from the incredible wealth of knowledge the site has to offer.

Carrie

Reactions: 1 person
FlowerX -

We ask members to ID their businesses and the nature of their engagement in the industry since this is a board for professionals working in the flower business. Would you kindly restore the information you included to gain membership here?

Additionally, the comments interjected into this thread, a thread about another member, are off topic. 'No one voted for me' and 'who am I' show little regard for basic forum courtesies.

just learning the ropes CHR.
maybe one day i will get it correct :)

wow! What is going on??

I don't understand this. New members ganging up on our seasoned, very well respected members?

This makes no sense to me at all.

The original questions asked by our senior members here were not out of line, I don't understand the third degree?

I do ask a few of our members to deal with their personal issues and squabbles via private message and keep the tone of this board professional and respectful. Consider this a warning.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Got my first red dot on this one too. Why? Because I asked who it was? Now we're getting warned...

I did not vote no on this applicant. I wanted to find out who it was before I voted. I was actually pleased to see WFFSA here. Now after they have chosen to introduce themselves with red dots they shouldn't even have the rep to give out I've decided how I am voting.

The ACTIVE members in this thread deserve an apology, not a warning.

Reactions: 3 people
Rene' -

The warning was addressed to the "newly active" members who seem to have issues they carried over from another florist discussion board. No regular member here was dishing out the "3rd degree" or being "sarcastic peeps'.

I don't know who was passing out the red dots, but will get to the bottom of it.

Sorry if I wasn't clear about the posts I was addressing.

Rene' -

The warning was addressed to the "newly active" members who seem to have issues they carried over from another florist discussion board. No regular member here was dishing out the "3rd degree" or being "sarcastic peeps'.

I don't know who was passing out the red dots, but will get to the bottom of it.

Sorry if I wasn't clear about the posts I was addressing.

Thank you. I'm sure there are lots of people at WFFSA. I don't think asking who it was is an unreasonable question. I have now read the other thread and understand how I got in the crossfire. Some days you're the windshield, some days you're the bug!

Reactions: 2 people
poor little bug... or is it the poor windshield, I don't know.
Oh well, this is one screwed up thread.....

to the newly active members here, please be nice, this place is not for this kind of behavior. We here at flowerchat really and truly are a family and like most families we will stick up for our loved ones.

So please, can we all just get along?

These immature and really bad attitudes must be put away... if you are unhappy with the way the rules are here (for a good reason) then I politely suggest you find another forum that suits your criteria better.

I'm very close to giving out my first red dot for bad behaviour in this forum.

Regards.

Victoria

Victoria and Sher i have just received a red dot for requesting the website info on my post before. Think we need to involve Ryan on this.

Consider me involved.

Thanks Admins! In my years on FC, I don't remember ever seeing a thread such as this one! Well, unless it was 12Bux attacking Bloomz.........

And again, I do thank our Admins, who will, without a doubt, find the root of this.

A thank you from me too... glad you're out and about. ;)

V

What does finding the root of this mean...does it mean you will ban them...or does it mean you will share with us who felt so free to red dot ..or will there be other action..would be nice to know. For myself, they can dot away..I don't do that much work here but to dot Lady unexcusabe in my books... she spends a lot of time getting new members vetted. I think maybe some newbies need to understand the purpose of a red dot as well..it is as it says.."do you agree with this opinion"..not a juvenile way of saying "boo" like mine did...And if person of low rank dots you apparantly the dot is purple? Well mine was hot red..so does that mean a long-standing member dotted me...
As a refresher to new members, and perhaps I will get a polka dotted dot on this one...This is a forum for Professional Florists"..conduct yourself and your responses in that manner...and talk to each other like you would if they were standing right in front of you! It is ok to differ in opinion..we all learn from each other from that but do it in a civilized manner or we risk the chance of becoming like another board that has no Professional standing. Time is short, money is tight and noone wants to have to shift through useless drival. Have an awesome day everyone..use some of the ideas you have learned here and rock your world!
Ok...off to work...
Sher

Reactions: 2 people
Back atcha. ;)

V

Status
Not open for further replies.