wffsa Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sher, that was a good post.

It seems to me that maybe someone slipped through the cracks and got vetted. That is why we have this process....to weed out this type of person.

Several years ago, someone posted many unkind, nasty, ugly words on another board about me and others. It finally got resolved after quite a bit of time. The end result was I never went back to that board

At least on Flower Chat, we do have a quick way of dealing with this type of behavior. The Administrations rocks.

Carol Bice

We love WFFSA since we got to come to the convention in Phoenix and receive the Retail Florist of the year. Welcome to FLowerChat!
Norman

Thanks Sher, for your above post.

Thanks Victoria, for all the time you personally spend trying to get to the who & what of people asking to come in.

Chanks Cathy, for all the time you, Ryan,and Mark spend on this forum.

Thanks to Carianne, Carol Bice, Joe, RC, Bloomz and the many, many others who post good, informative, thought-provoking information and words of wisdom for all of us! (I know that I have missed a bunch of people, but it's Sunday morning -- late night -- and my brain is tired!)

So, Let's all be civil, and kind, and give as much information and advice as we receive. (That would make me, personally, a happy camper! :) )

Have a wonderful sunday!

Cheryl

I don't get it, so much for this person,and they can't come back and put more information on here,,,,So So sad,,,just becare ful folks about this one ,,,,

If the initial poster is Buddy I can testify first hand that she will be a very valuable member to this forum. She's very nice and represents a section of our industry that we need to know about.
Maybe she's a little confused about our introduction process. It can be a little intimating at first. The atmosphere of this particular thread certainly isn't going to make her feel comfortable and welcomed.
Welcome Buddy!!!

I don't get it, so much for this person,and they can't come back and put more information on here
People, keep in mind, that **most** of us tend to spend much more time on FlowerChat Monday-Friday (go figure) than we do on Saturday/Sunday and often it takes a day or three especially if it's over the weekend for folks to pop back in.

To anyone from WFFSA: We at FlowerChat welcome your joining us and look forward to anything and everything you can and do share with us. As you know, we're all in this mess together and it will take all of us to make it out alive. Welcome to the community, I for one, look forward to hearing what ya'll have to say, and I'm sure there are a few here that will give you an ear full from the retailers perspective too....

From Buddy this morning:

I only signed up because a member asked me to so I could see something. Please cancel my account.

To quote The Princess Bride: "As you wish..."

Ryan

PS - Buddy did say that the request to close the account has nothing to do with the drama in this thread.

PS - Buddy did say that the request to close the account has nothing to do with the drama in this thread.

::BS All she had to do was post her name and she would have been approved.

Welcome Buddy. I too wish there had been some answers to the queries at the beginning of the thread.

However, it's done and we're happy to welcome you and we certainly look forward to learning more about and from you.

V

She was approved, before the kerfuffle ensued from the others. When all the rudeness started from the other posters, her post said "registered user".

Apparently she wasn't interested in "joining" but only looking for something very specific.

Not everyone wants to chat online ... shame though, as it's always nice to have a voice from a different industry segment.

I do hope Buddy changes her mind. There's a lot of misconceptions about Direct2Florist and some refinements that IMO would make it more successful in the US.

Unfortunately, the timing of the flamers brought out the very worst of what can happen in message boards.

Reading posts is OK, but a dialogue could help show and build interest for this innovative project.

Cathy

I do hope Buddy changes her mind. There's a lot of misconceptions about Direct2Florist and some refinements that IMO would make it more successful in the US.

Unfortunately, the timing of the flamers brought out the very worst of what can happen in message boards.

Reading posts is OK, but a dialogue could help show and build interest for this innovative project.

Cathy

Whilst i understand that there are a lot of misconceptions, there are also a lot of different real opinons on f2f and d2f, i was part of this and found it of little or no help at all. Putting an order through took me all day on occasion and i for one find this unacceptable. I also have never received ONE order. Of course this is just my opinion like i said in my original post but i have also heard lots of others say they have no orders. Sometimes certain business models do not work. I wish people luck who are with this org, but think that a balance view can help people decide on where they go with this. In this econmic time, money is tight so i am going to give the negative points that i have found just as people do with other relay services.

I sent an order through d2f a few months back before I was a member because IF didn't have coverage to the area :rolleyes: It only took a couple of minutes and I preferred being able to see a bit about the shop I sent the order to and their photos.

I joined about a week ago and have had an order every day since, a couple some days. I still can't quite believe how little it costs.

yes sosas like i say a balanced and REALISTIC view is always good for when people are investing their money into things.

Dear Guys, chat rooms are usually a great place for people to share ideas and experiences. Its a great shame when certain people choose to dilute with untruths. "Palms" did join f2f/d2f back in August. we have email/pm proof that we tried to contact her to get her set up. We have 2 messages that we sent to Palm that were unanswered. She never set up the software. Is this our fault? you decide. However, Simon called Palm last week and when she told him he had never even bothered to call her, he knew then there is no point communicating with this lady. He refunded her because he wants f2f/d2f to have nothing to do with Palm

Sorry for the rant but how can we be criticised by somebody that never responded or answered the phone. she was never there.

Regardless of what transpired between a customer and a vendor, setting it all out in public like this is highly unprofessional and inappropriate.

Reactions: 2 people
Regardless of what transpired between a customer and a vendor, setting it all out in public like this is highly unprofessional and inappropriate.

Absolutely agree with you Erlene...perhaps a pm to Palms would have been more appropriate offering her an opportunity to clarify her statements if they needed to be clarified. I find this a bit distasteful and accusatory. I did not find Palms voiced opinion negative enough tha I would not try f2f but rather her own opinion...I would not appreciate a vendor discussing what transpired ( or their own view) in a chat room ...oh well JMHO
Sher

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.