Official FlowerChat Order Gatherer Registry

Originally posted by Victoria
Actually, Sarniaflowers.com is from a real shop in Sarnia...
I guess my point here is I don't think of her as an OG.

They do have multiple URL's but each DOES have the shop's name and location on it. I had Artisan and Urban in their file - they actually belong to:

FTD 2003 New Member Award Winner Alif Somani, Vancouver Flower Company in Vancouver, BC.

My mistake. :rolleyes: I'll post his URL's later today....

Got an order over Dove today from Karin's. Asking for the birthday bear for $35.00 I refused the order telling them I don't fill for gatherers. Received back a gen message stating in all capital letters "We are a flower shop that has been in business since 1956... I have a customer standing right in front of me but at your request we will not use your shop in the future".
I really wanted to reply stating I have your yellow page ad sitting right in front of me but didn't want to waste any more paper.
One more down...
BTW, the past two weeks 800Flowers has tried to place phone orders with us. I keep telling them only by merc or dove not by phone. They say they can't. Hmm
Rhonda

Karin's

Good for YOU !

A year or so ago, I called and talked to the owner, and tried to explain to the dumb A** why I would not fill for him....

Seems he stil does not understand the concept ! Yes he does have a rather nice retail location, been there seen it, but still won't fill for anyone in MY phone book (even tho I am not in it).

Oh yeah, HeartSong Florist....I remember this one...
They are recommended for beautiful flowers in Millinocket, Maine
All the way from Texas??? LOL

If only more consumers would do a little research; on one of Ryan's-Martin's The Flower People sites Ryan has shown on his front page ( http://www.martins-flower-people.com/ ) advice that is VERY relevant "Deal directly with the shop delivering your order
Full value for your money " & "When sending flowers, make sure you are dealing with a real florist! Many companies that sell flowers online don't deliver their own product - only a real florist with a real retail location can provide the best service and value!
". Good job Ryan, I think we should all do this even though we may lose a few outgoing wire orders that we could have gotten because we're helping educate "our" (industry's) customers get a better value and be happier with spending money on flowers.
Rockin on.......:>

Yeah thats a great warning to the buying public, didn't see it on the latest ordergatering site I stumbled upon yesterday http://www.Canada-Flowers.biz someone should take this new outfit to task .:puke:

THis site is done by RFK..SOund Similar to mee.
Luc

Hanna's Thought that name was familiar....

Had an order come in today at 11 A.M. for a lily to go to neighboring town total $30. (came in by Dove) from Hanna's, Toronto. Thought that name sounded familiar. Forwarded it to the shop down the street as our lilies were gone (or done for as the grower chilled them in the snow, 'nother story)...
Apparently the shop down the street didn't take it either because at 12:30 as I was leaving the shop the order appeared on the Mercury...Rejected and suspended my machine. Was actually busier than I thought we'd be here in welfare city and have two funeral services on Monday. Have a very peaceful Easter everyone.

Good guess.....

I'd say if you called him Scott, you'd know who the owner is!!
I see him at The Clock, and he figures it's ok to "steal" orders..."someone's gotta do it!!"
Mike

Mikey the Flower Guy said:
I'd say if you called him Scott, you'd know who the owner is!!
I see him at The Clock, and he figures it's ok to "steal" orders..."someone's gotta do it!!"
Mike
I didnt' think he needed to buy actual product as all he does is steel orders and transfer them to unsuspecting florists to fill at 70 cents on the dollar.......Why would he be a the Clock???

His shop has been closed for months. He actually has another shop on contract filling his local orders. A guy who used to run one of the local delivery services (oxymoronic, seeing as there was NO service, and not everything got delivered) is now his chief delivery guy.

Red Roselorist is a very real florist I worked for them myself for many years I checked their website to see if he says something that is not true. I wasn't able to.

I have NEVER used Hanna's for any number of reasons... not the least of which; I never trusted them.

V (I'm at my brother's... my computer won't allow me to reply. ;(

Florists be AWARE

Everyone should be aware, that Flowers Sent Today, out of Viena (Haymarket) VA has changed the URL of their website to www.bloomsusa.com
I am not sure if they will change the name the send orders under or not, just an FYI...

Others

FlowersFast.com in Tillson, NY? How About gifttree.com and the 100 sites they own?