tattoos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While reading this I began to drift off to Bedford Falls, long before it became Potterville. The theme music from Lassie was the soundtrack for this Utopian journey. I was even getting a little misty (except for the part about "Sweating the little stuff like tats, or piercings, or clothes(sic) just a waste my precious time." did cause one eyebrow to arch slightly upward.)

My Mom, June, was just calling me down for supper when Inferno63 rudely woke me from my melancholy reverie when he jerked the wheel hard left (that'd be right to you Caroline Darling) into oncoming traffic with his closing paragraph:

Holy smokes Batman! What is THAT gibberish supposed to mean?

It's going to be okay, TJN. I understand your anger. I got you pegged.

You were picked on in school, huh? Did the jocks give you swirlies and steal your lunch money? Did the girls laugh at you? You ate glue, didn't you? You were that kid in Algebra that sat in the back and picked your nose, weren't you? I remember you. I knew you would turn out this way. This should be a lesson to us all to embrace the underdog. This is what we get for being the popular kids.

Reactions: 2 people
Welp, I'm glad that the storm has backed off. I guess I'll go back to just reading rather than sturing a pot.

Alicia

Alicia, you didn't stir the pot. It, for the most part, is an interesting thread. It has given many of us much insight. :)

V

All I have to say is, WOW!!!

This thread turned real ugly for absolutely no reason....

So goes the slow days, hope all had fun with the controversy and I hope it made your days interesting....Sorry I missed it all...

Soon after I first posted my opinion of tattoos I received a "Reputation Comment" from a person I KNOW FOR 100% CERTAIN that you ALL respect and I could say, revere. This was their comment:

"I am one of the few here that agrees with every word"

I will respect this person's wish for anonymity. Those words reinforced my gut feeling that I was justified in posting my true, not prettied up, not "politically correct" opinion. I talk straight. Many of you can't take it. You're used to kissing butt and having your butt kissed. Others find my straight forward approach refreshing. Maybe even fun. I appreciate it when someone talks straight to me.

Shannon said:
Sparking debate is one thing, being mean and hateful for the sake of being mean and hateful is another. Telling people they are stupid and calling them names is no way to debate.

Just because Shannon says I was being mean and hateful doesn't make it so. People like Shannon interpret anything that someone says that they don't like as "mean" and/or "hateful"? It has the appearance of putting them on the moral high road.

What people like Shannon are really saying is "Yeah, I have a tattoo/opinion and I don't want to hear anything negative about it either?

When I used the term "stupid or "anti-social wack job" it was in an ambiguous way, never pointed at an individual but stating my opinion of a behavior or activity. I never said (your name), you are stupid or an anti-social wack job. Like you would say "anyone that drinks and drives is an idiot". Some might not share that opinion. If you fit the example (drinks and drives/tattoos), I'm sorry

On the other hand, you good people pointed these comments directly at me. I'm not complaining, I truly get a chuckle out of it, just pointing out the difference.

• The Villiage Idiot..? Nah, more like the Village Wanker
    (From Wikipedia: Wanker is a pejorative term of English origin, common in Britain, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and British-influenced territories like South Africa, and gaining usage in Canada and the United States.[1] It initially referred to "one who masturbates" but has since become a general insult. It is synonymous with tosser.
  • Just curious why you're not acting like a Professional up in here, or do you think politness(sic) in(sic) unnecessary? bloomz ("up in here"? You've been listening to too much rap)
  • Seek Therapy. Terri (thank you Terri for having the guts to not post anonymously)
  • i wonder how much pain and money it will cost to get rid of you! Why don't you just go away if you think we are all so stupid?
  • you are a complete jerk
  • Stop beating your kids you monster
  • quite rude
  • TJN- you seem to suck
  • Quit whining - Iggy (thank you Iggy for having the guts to not post anonymously)
  • you've got some major issues - tattoos the least of them...
  • TJN what a horrible person you are
Bloomz, Hero, Shannon, inferno63 & others take note.

We may have a new sh*t disturbing champion in our midst!!!!!!!

This group was touted as being the "doo-doo" disturbers? Wow, these guys are like taking candy away from babies. I ALMOST feel bad.

Now I AM going rate my "adversaries":

Bloomz - Not worth engaging. Go clean-out your Bloomerz
Hero - Has my respect, he's just having fun
Shannon - You need to go back to "playground bully school" I graduated Cum laude;)
Inferno63 - With that last feeble, unimaginative, boilerplate attempt at psychoanalysis I'm not going to label you at all. You are not worthy of engaging in a game of words. You need to find some Kindergarten kids to argue with.

Then you have RKW "The Whistle Blower" (oops, I called a name)
Seeing and reading this thread about tatoos brings something to top of mind. SOmething that you all who are managers and owners need to think about.

In a nutshell....a peice of legislation called the Fair Labor Standards act covers things like tatoos, peircings, body modifications like scarification, etc. - Basically.....It says that you have to maintain equal standards for employees.

Seems like theres always one waiting in the wings (or on your payroll) anxious to quote laws, legislation and regulations to anyone within earshot. The champion of the "little guy". Thank GOD for you RWK.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, I've got a tattoo on my lower back, not really low but - it's in the middle of my back. So tired of hearing the "tramp stamp" jokes....really annoying. I got it before the whole lower back tat was cool.

Anyway...carry on. :>

I also have one on my lower back which I did way before the "tramp stamp" name came about. I also have pretty large angel on my right thigh.

It's not your opionion that offends me, it's your mean spiritedness. You lost me with your reference to bullying children.

You are the negative connotation of a bully. And if someone else, who you say is "revered" agrees with bullying children into submission, that too is a huge disappointment.

V

bul·ly 1 (bl)
n. pl. bul·lies
1. A person who is habitually cruel or overbearing, especially to smaller or weaker people.
2. A hired ruffian; a thug.
3. A pimp.

4. Archaic A fine person.
5. Archaic A sweetheart.

v. bul·lied, bul·ly·ing, bul·lies
v.tr.
1. To treat in an overbearing or intimidating manner. See Synonyms at intimidate.
2. To make (one's way) aggressively.

v.intr.
1. To behave like a bully.
2. To force one's way aggressively or by intimidation: "They bully into line at the gas pump" Martin Gottfried.

adj.
Excellent; splendid: did a bully job of persuading the members.
interj.
Used to express approval

After I posted, I realized some of you wouldn't be familiar with this show....

FAmily Guy... the tv show defined....

Sick, twisted, politically incorrect and freakin' sweet. The animated series features the adventures of the Griffin family. Peter and Lois have three kids - the youngest is a brilliant, sadistic baby bent on killing his mother and world domination. Chris, like his father, is obese, has a low IQ and no common sense. Meg desperately tries to be part of the popular crowd, and is coldly rebuffed. Their talking dog Brian keeps baby Stewie in check while sipping martinis and sorting out his own life issues.

joe

I can't imagine any symbol, saying, design or image being something that I want to see every day for the rest of my life. Especially in the mirror

My husband has my boys pictures when they were younger on his right arm, and that is something that he loves to see everyday, especially in the mirror. I can not tell you the compliments he gets from people everywhere we go. No matter how big my boys get, they are immortalized on my husband forever and that is why he did it.

Soon after I first posted my opinion of tattoos I received a "Reputation Comment" from a person I KNOW FOR 100% CERTAIN that you ALL respect and I could say, revere. This was their comment:

"I am one of the few here that agrees with every word"

I will respect this person's wish for anonymity. Those words reinforced my gut feeling that I was justified in posting my true, not prettied up, not "politically correct" opinion. I talk straight. Many of you can't take it. You're used to kissing butt and having your butt kissed. Others find my straight forward approach refreshing. Maybe even fun. I appreciate it when someone talks straight to me.

Just because Shannon says I was being mean and hateful doesn't make it so. People like Shannon interpret anything that someone says that they don't like as "mean" and/or "hateful"? It has the appearance of putting them on the moral high road.

What people like Shannon are really saying is "Yeah, I have a tattoo/opinion and I don't want to hear anything negative about it either?

When I used the term "stupid or "anti-social wack job" it was in an ambiguous way, never pointed at an individual but stating my opinion of a behavior or activity. I never said (your name), you are stupid or an anti-social wack job. Like you would say "anyone that drinks and drives is an idiot". Some might not share that opinion. If you fit the example (drinks and drives/tattoos), I'm sorry

On the other hand, you good people pointed these comments directly at me. I'm not complaining, I truly get a chuckle out of it, just pointing out the difference.

• The Villiage Idiot..? Nah, more like the Village Wanker
    (From Wikipedia: Wanker is a pejorative term of English origin, common in Britain, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and British-influenced territories like South Africa, and gaining usage in Canada and the United States.[1] It initially referred to "one who masturbates" but has since become a general insult. It is synonymous with tosser.
  • Just curious why you're not acting like a Professional up in here, or do you think politness(sic) in(sic) unnecessary? bloomz ("up in here"? You've been listening to too much rap)
  • Seek Therapy. Terri (thank you Terri for having the guts to not post anonymously)
  • i wonder how much pain and money it will cost to get rid of you! Why don't you just go away if you think we are all so stupid?
  • you are a complete jerk
  • Stop beating your kids you monster
  • quite rude
  • TJN- you seem to suck
  • Quit whining - Iggy (thank you Iggy for having the guts to not post anonymously)
  • you've got some major issues - tattoos the least of them...
  • TJN what a horrible person you are

This group was touted as being the "doo-doo" disturbers? Wow, these guys are like taking candy away from babies. I ALMOST feel bad.

Now I AM going rate my "adversaries":

Bloomz - Not worth engaging. Go clean-out your Bloomerz
Shannon - You need to go back to "playground bully school" I graduated Cum laude;)
Inferno63 - With that last feeble, unimaginative, boilerplate attempt at psychoanalysis I'm not going to label you at all. You are not worthy of engaging in a game of words. You need to find some Kindergarten kids to argue with.

Then you have RKW "The Whistle Blower" (oops, I called a name)

Seems like theres always one waiting in the wings (or on your payroll) anxious to quote laws, legislation and regulations to anyone within earshot. The champion of the "little guy". Thank GOD for you RWK.
No, TJ,
What I'm saying is calling people names is mean and hateful. I respect your opinion for not liking them, however i don't respect the fact that you call people names.

After I posted, I realized some of you wouldn't be familiar with this show....

FAmily Guy... the tv show defined....

Sick, twisted, politically incorrect and freakin' sweet. The animated series features the adventures of the Griffin family. Peter and Lois have three kids - the youngest is a brilliant, sadistic baby bent on killing his mother and world domination. Chris, like his father, is obese, has a low IQ and no common sense. Meg desperately tries to be part of the popular crowd, and is coldly rebuffed. Their talking dog Brian keeps baby Stewie in check while sipping martinis and sorting out his own life issues.

joe

Let's do a poll!!!

Which cartoon character from Family Guy best epitomizes TJN?

Peter?
Lois?
Stewie?
Chris?
Meg?
Brian?
A composite of all?

This show is one of my kids' favourites!

Both are over 18.

One has a tatoo, the other has piercings and a tatoo...and both are Honor students.

What's the world coming to?????:boggles::boggles::boggles:

Did anyone notice that there are posters who stated their dislike of tattoos unequivocally yet managed not to be insulting? So, it is possible.

Did anyone notice that there are posters who stated their dislike of tattoos unequivocally yet managed not to be insulting? So, it is possible.

You're right, it has nothing to do with "political correctness"... it has everything to do with personal courtesy.

V

See, I knew that I would find a friend ...

But seriously again. This holier than thou attitude that goes on here is really getting tiresome. This is why I left for 3 years and only came back when I wanted to play arcade games, but it seems even there Texasflowerguy is ahead of me and I don't play as much so I think he will take over 3rd place for good. But what the heck.
I mean do I really have to respect someone or treat them courteously just because they are in my same profession. Can I not have an argument and still be friend, Bloomz, BOSS, and I do.
TJN is just posting his opinions. Hit the IGNORE PERSON button or whatever it is and forget about him, But to give this BS about respect, higher ground, etc. Please don't post. Just Ignore, you are just adding flame to the fire and trying to change someone that WILL NEVER CHANGE. It seems women are constantly hoping to do that ... ooops did I say that out loud?

To many people here, although I'm sure that they feel they have to defend themselves for their choices, or their kids ( I'm mean really, did V. actually have to say he daughter is not a slut? ). It isn't TJN saying this it is " Wedding Crashers " calling the tattoo on the lower back a " Bullseye ". That is the perception. Sorry. Didn't start it. Can't help ya'. Can't see it on the nuns however wearing their habits I guess.

However, I feel that EVERYONE was waiting for his posts, to see what he would say next. Secretly wanting him to post so that they could have a Witty rebuttal or make a joke to the others.

Please don't take this post wrong. I personally like some here don't like em', won't have em', and PRAY my kids never get one. But to those that do, you better cover em' up at the "Original" Heroman's and if you get one that shows, you'll be wearing the long sleeves in JULY.

Now, TJN, do not see this as a validation of your posts, I don't have a problem with them, I just don't like to post in such absolutes and you also taking a pious attitude to those that might have a tattoo or piercing.

But it sure makes for an interesting summer. Enjoy kids.

Reactions: 1 person
I've got two tats.... one on my left arm at the shoulder it's a black sun sounds plain but it isn't...hmmm..wish I had pics to show. Anyhow, the other one (my first) is a Kachina Mask about 10 inches in diameter maybe bigger...it's between my shoulder blades above the bra line....that one is in color. I got them when I was 19 and 20. I wanted one more but didn't happen...now I'm not sure if I want to get anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.